Welcome to mcbruce.ca !
Just a simple webpage for stuff created by McBruce
I direct bridge games and create stuff for my bridge work which people seem to want. So I set up this web page to little by little put the things (essays, programs) I've created in the public domain. If I were a better writer or programmer I would not be giving them away, but since I am not, I trust you will not descend upon me in anger should they not interest you or work for you...
So far, little by little has been the most accurate thing in the previous paragraph... Among the things you may — eventually — find here:
- Online Daily Bulletins for District 19 tournaments: most recent are:
- Victoria Regional, April 8-14 in the capital city of B.C.
- The 2018 Kirkwood Trophy masterpoint race, tracking masterpoints won at Regionals in District 19 (not including the June Regional in Alaska). The list includes all players but only District 19 residents are eligible. The 2018 winner was decided at Leavenworth since it was the last District 19 Regional of the year!
- Leavenworth Regional (October 2018) in Leavenworth WA, a unique location (click the link and read about it!) two hours scenic drive east of Everett WA. ( flyer )
- Puget Sound Regional in Lynnwood WA, north of Seattle (August 2018).
- Penticton Regional (June 2018).
- Bridge articles of various lengths that I have written for some of my club games or for the Matchpointer, the Unit 430 newsletter that I edited for almost a decade (eventually...)
- Occasional comments on sets of bridge hands for the quarterly local Mentor-Mentee games. Have a look at the most recent one for the game on May 5 here.
- A home for updates of Unit 430 masterpoint races - 2017-final - 2018-final - 2019-current - using a new program that combines a long text file of results with a long text file of player data.
- A list of upcoming dates for McBruce's growing tournament schedule, so you can schedule your events around the list if you want me to help out. Funny URL...
- Programs such as my round timer (a clock to time rounds in a bridge game) and my 'sdaphr' program (which stands for Shuffle Deal and Play: Hand Records!) and other bridge game helpers (eventually...)
- Other usually funny articles, mostly from my Facebook feed, or occasionally from another source (also eventually)
Writing is something I do a lot of, editing not so much. If you are prone to the TL:DR* comment, go watch a video on YouTube, the stuff posted here will not interest you. I'd rather read something than watch something and I hate seeing sites switch to video.
* TL:DR stands for 'too long; didn't read.' For someone who struggles to get words and phrases and sentences to fit together, the only comeback to that lazy slam is DILLIGAF, which you'll have to look up on Wikipedia....
That's all for now. I'll put the date of the latest update at the bottom of every page so you can see what's happened.
Last update: April 4 2019